The next session of our Mindfulness to Promote Recovery Group is right around the corner!
Next session – April 3 to May 22, 2019
This 8-part series will focus on the skill of mindfulness in everyday living, as a strategy to improve our attention and emotion management. Each session will include mindfulness meditation practice, discussion, and reflection, as well as tools to facilitate continued practice and growth at home, all in the context of participants’ occupational goals. Each session will follow Adult Learning Design principles
Topics will include:
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- The Neuro-anatomy of Mindfulness
- The Stress Response: Recognizing our Stress Symptoms
- Mindful Sensory Awareness
- Mindful Movement
- Mindful Gratitude and Loving-kindness
- Distress Tolerance: Creating a First Aid Kit of Mindful Practices
- Motivational Strategies for Staying on Track with Your Practice
Click here to make a referral!