Modern OT is ready…
On May 26, 2020, Directive #2 from Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health was amended to support the gradual restart of all deferred non-essential and elective services carried out by Health Care Providers.
The Directive specifies that Health Care Providers are to continue to provide virtual services where possible, and then to follow all COVID-19 protective protocols for assessment and treatment in the clinic, home or community.
With this, Modern OT is able to resume offering our services in the home, community, and in our Ottawa, Kingston, and Pembroke clinic locations.
We are pleased to let you know that we are ready for this change. There are people who need to be seen in person, and we are prepared for that, with personal protective equipment, hygiene practices, and COVID-19 Screening protocols in place.
This means that we can provide –
- Occupational Therapy Assessments and Treatment
- Home Safety and Accessibility
- Ergonomics Assessments – including home offices!
- Case Management Assessments and Follow Up
- Speech Language Pathology Assessments and Treatment
- Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Hand therapy
- Vocational Evaluations and Return to Work Interventions
- … along with our host of services.
Virtual services over telehealth will also remain in place. This has been an effective means for us to communicate with many of our clients over the past few months, and we intend to keep using this when it is the best option for individuals.
In April and May…
While there has been no silver lining in this difficult time, our Modern OT crew spent some newly found time developing and fine tuning initiatives in the last few months, which we are pleased to share with you –
- Virtual Chronic Pain Management Group Therapy Program
- Driving Assessments
- Community Care Coordination Services for Seniors
- Psychotherapy in OT Intervention
- Webinar group presentations:
- Home Office Ergonomics
- Balancing work and home life in the COVID-19 environment
- Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
- Safety for Seniors in the Home: Aging-In-Place
We love to hear from you –
Please Contact Us anytime with questions about our services. We are more than happy to stay connected with you.
Fiona & Shannon and our Modern OT Team