Intervention is provided in individualized and group therapy formats.
Our team of occupational therapists and case managers offer a diverse range of experience and expertise to meet the many needs of clients. Our clinical services are evidence-based, goal-oriented, and client-centred in order to promote successful outcomes in rehabilitation.
Services are offered in the home, community, workplace, and in our clinic.
Occupational therapy services include:
- An individualized assessment, during which the client and occupational therapist identify problems affecting function and establish therapy goals.
- Customized intervention to improve the client’s ability to perform daily activities and reach their goals.
- An outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the therapy plan.
Occupational therapy services also include:
- Assessment of the client’s home and/or other environments (e.g., community, workplace, school),
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment and training in its use, and
- Guidance/education for family members and caregivers to support the client’s needs.
We ensure open communication to collaborate with other professionals who may be involved, including your doctor, physiotherapist, psychologist, speech-language pathologist, and other specialists in rehabilitation. We can also involve members of the client’s social network in the rehabilitation plan, including family members, employers, and legal advisers to gather and share pertinent information that relates to the functional goals and outcomes for optimal participation in daily activity.
Please feel free to call us with your concerns/questions, or to discuss how our services can help you, your child, friend, sibling, neighbour, employee, spouse, or parent. In discussing your situation, we will match our expertise to recommend the best occupational therapist on our team to meet your needs.