Kate Durie, Yoga Therapist and TBI survivor is bringing LoveYourBrain to Ottawa.
LYB is a Yoga & Meditation program for people who have survived a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or concussion. This program is about:
- improving quality of life,
- providing education,
- creating connection, and
- empowering survivors to take their healing into their own hands.
This is truly a movement, the first of it’s kind, and it’s growing rapidly in the US. It will be the FIRST Canadian program!
The program will be hosted at PranaShanti Yoga Studio, in Hintonburg.
The Program will include:
- A FREE 6-week fundamentals programs offered 3-4 times per year, this includes:
- 90-min class 1x per week for 6 weeks
- Gentle Yoga
- Meditation + Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- Discussion & Connection
- Small class size
- Each class is led by 1 Teacher, and assisted by a second teacher
- LYB-friendly classes on the regular schedule at PranaShanti:
- Only $5 drop-in for those who have completed the 6-week program
- Open to the public, regular drop-in for all others
- LYB-friendly classes apply and are inspired by the LYB fundamental principles in teaching yoga for brain health