Experienced in pediatric occupational therapy.
The needs of children at all stages need to be met and treated with understanding to further their development, independence, and life successes. Our team of occupational therapists have experience and expertise working with children of all ages, from infants to teenage years, using a family-centered approach to care.
Services offered include:
- Infant development
- School Readiness skills (letter and number recognition, scissor skills, colouring)
- Self Care skills (eating, sleeping, washing, dressing)
- Assistive Devices for self care, school and leisure activity
- Play development
- Fine Motor skills and printing / handwriting / typing development
- Gross Motor skills
- Social skills development
- Visual Perception and Visual Motor Integration
- Sensory Processing
- Attention, and Self-regulation
- Mental Health – depression, anxiety management
- Concussion and Brain Injury rehabilitation
- School Accessibility / Accommodations
- Mobility and Positioning – wheelchairs, walkers, mobility aids
- Home Accessibility
Individual therapy begins with assessment. Our assessment can take place in the home or the clinic, and includes testing and observation with your child, as well as an interview with the parent or guardian. A report can be provided with therapy recommendations, which could be reviewed with you in a follow up session.
Referrals are made by contacting our office in one of three ways:
After we receive the referral, we ask that you fill in a questionnaire, the Paediatric Intake Form, which provides the OT with some some preliminary information about the child – milestones, observations, concerns. The OT will review the form and use this information to prepare appropriate activities to optimize your child’s assessment process.
We will send the Paediatric Intake Form to you as a fillable PDF. Please return it to our office prior to the assessment, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 613-792-3462.
Initial Assessment – $195.00 (in clinic); $325 (in home*)
Treatment – $130.00/session (in clinic or virtual care); $260/session (in home*)
If you require formal documentation – letters, reports for school or other purposes, please speak with your occupational therapist. Additional fees would apply.
*Additional charges may apply if travel is required to rural locations more than 30 minutes from our clinic locations.
Please feel free to fill in our Online Referral Form, or to call our offices for more information.